I did it! My first 5k ever in my whole life!
*Gold star for me!*
Here is the proof:
And although we had a fabulous time at the Color Me Rad race, there are several reasons we will not do it next year.
- The race was called Color Me Rad London. In reality, it should have been called either ‘Color Me Rad 1.5 hours outside of London’ or ‘Tube, Train, Bus and Taxi then run a 5k at 9am on a Saturday’.
- We ran circles (literally) around a field in the middle of nowhere. And paid to do it. Something about that feels wrong.
- The field was actually livestock holding areas. No livestock was seen so no idea where they were shipped off to for the duration of the race.
- There wasn’t that much color until we got to the end of the race… except for…
- Instead of just throwing color powdery stuff at us, some d-bag also was throwing buckets of colored water. COLD. WATER. WITH BLUE/GREEN DYE. AT ME. Oh hell no. (Check out my Shrek back and dip-dyed hair above)
- We looked amazing but the 1.5 hours back on public transportation scaring small children was just too long to ever do again.
- I had to wash my hair six times and comb through it between washes to remove all of the green dye from the above-mentioned imbecile. Silver lining: my hair was radiant after the dye was all washed out.