While killing some time (and brain cells) on Buzzfeed recently, I came across this little gem. While I would not categorize myself as “basic”, I am
pretty very white… not really sure what skin color has to do with all this… I am pretty sure many of these things speak to all shapes, sizes, colors and genders. Who doesn’t love leaves, comfy clothes, pumpkin spice everything?! Maybe it’s the selfie/instagram thing. If it is… I am the most basic white girl out there then.
1. I had a pumpkin spice latte and homemade pumpkin chocolate chip bar for breakfast.
2. My instagram feed from the last week features both the colors of the trees changing AND leaves on the ground. And yes, I filtered.
3. I have a bowl full of squash and gords as my table centerpiece.
4. I have four cans of pumpkin in my cupboard. And cinnamon. And last night… I made pumpkin chocolate chip bars from scratch… on a Wednesday night. For the recipe, see below!
5. I already got the new iPhone… it’s gold AND I didn’t wait in line for it. It was hand delivered… to my office.
6. I don’t watch football and probably won’t dress up for Halloween but don’t you worry I have some epic plans for Thanksgiving. Someone is going as a Native American and someone is going as a pilgrim… and it is not who you expect.
7. I don’t wear Ugg boots unless there is snow on the ground. Except when I wear my Ugg wedge boots on casual Friday, but they don’t look like Uggs. Not going to lie, I crunch leaves in these bad boys on the reg.
8. NorthFace is out. There are so many options for amazing coats, capes and jackets! For inspiration, check out my seasonal faves here.
9. I am planning our third annual Thanksgiving celebration. We are taking things to a whole new level this year… details to come.
10. I have been taking scarf selfies pretty much every morning. Still haven’t posted one yet, but it’s coming.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars:
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 16-oz can of pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 overflowing cup of chocolate chips (or more… to taste…)
Combine sugar, pumpkin, coconut oil and egg in a bowl. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon in a different bowl. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, mix. Add vanilla and chocolate chips and pour into brownie tin or onto baking sheet (covered in parchment paper.
Bake at 350 until golden (20/25 mins) – toothpick test to make sure the middle bits are cooked through. Cut and let sit for a couple minutes (if you can wait that long…. we couldn’t).