Memorial Day Weekend is upon us! Hip hip hooray! Are you jetting off somewhere warm and sunny? Are you headed to see family and friends back home? Are you kicking off an epic long weekend staycation? Whatever it is – enjoy these glorious three days away from the daily grind (if you’re in the US or the UK)… you deserve it, sunshine! If you are elsewhere and only have two days this weekend, I’m sure you’ll be just fine.
I am off on a surprise weekend getaway – not a surprise for me, a surprise for my main man…it was his 35th birthday a few weeks ago – so we are off for three days to an undisclosed location (don’t worry – everything will be revealed in good time). But before I make a break for it, I put together a little packing list to make your lives (and mine) easier.
This post contains affiliate links – which means I have scoured the internet looking for the best bang for your buck on the products and sites which I love the very most – and yes, this means that I get a little something extra for my time, but it doesn’t cost you anything extra!
I am not telling you where we are headed but it’s a city with summer weather, so I am thinking leisurely outdoor brunches, a smoking Saturday night date, an afternoon barbecue and lots and lots of sightseeing. Here is what I have planned:
- A flowy sleeveless top – I love love love this one from BeachLunchLounge
- My favorite white jeans (these from Gap)
- Off the shoulder crop top – I went with this one from Nicholas (Blue Striped Elle Top):
- Sleeveless, comfy summer dress – I picked out this one from Diane von Furstenberg (Navy Kit Cotton Eyelet Shirtdress):
- A long sleeved, thigh length sweater (I am going with a standard white one – nothing special)
- A light jacket (my favorite Hobbs trench) and another fab off the shoulder top (DO+BE) This DO+BE off the shoulder tied
- A super fab bag – practical yet stylish – I went with this Zac Posen Navy Striped Eartha Iconic Handbag
- Comfy and cute shoes for lots of walking – my most fave are these bad boys from Soludos… which I have aptly named Albert and Victoria
- Date night dress – I am going with one of my classic black cotton sheath dresses from Ralph Lauren:
- Pretty summery sandals – I picked out these strappy rose gold Nanette by Nanette Lapore ones:
- Leather loafers – I have owned so many varieties of tan loafters, I wear them into the ground and then re-stock. Here are my latest ones from Coach:
- Sunglasses and SPF (protect ya skin!)
- Plus all the other stuff I won’t bore you with – undies, toiletries, pjs, etc.
Happy long weekend to you all! Stay tuned for updates on my Instagram!